In the Fall 2021 semester I will be teaching two sections of precalculus (Math 1113). If you are a student in my class, see our eLC page for course resources.
I taught calculus (Math 2250) in the Spring 2021 semester, and precalculus (Math 1113) in the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Fall 2020 semesters. I place a heavy emphasis on active learning in my classes, and am always looking for new ways to get students involved. To this end, my Spring 2019 class was flipped; students prepared for class by watching videos and completing short assignments, and spent the majority of class time working on problems in groups.
I was a teaching assistant for the PCMI Undergraduate Summer School in 2019, in the low-dimensional topology course led by Jessica Purcell and Dan Mathews. In Summer 2020 and Spring 2021 I helped lead a topology qualifying exam preparation course. I also have plenty of tutoring experience, from second grade through college.
Office Hours for Spring 2021 (via Zoom)
- By appointment
Tutoring Options at UGA
- Math department study hall (free)
- Currently not operating, but online video reviews are available on their website
- Division of Academic Enhancement math tutoring (free)
- Math department tutors for a fee
- Start studying for tests early!
- Go over worksheets and finish anything you didn’t get to in class. Check your answers against solutions on eLC. (Don’t look at the answer before you try the problem. Once you have seen the answer, try the problem again later and see if you can do it.)
- Redo any problems you missed from quizzes or homework assignments.
- Come to office hours and/or tutoring (see above).
- Try problems from the book.
- Go over material and work problems with a friend!