I am passionate about mathematics education and outreach. See below for some of the projects, events, and organizations I have been involved with recently.
- The Mathematics of Gerrymandering
- Knots Model DNA
- Torus Tic-Tac-Toe
- In May 2018 I gave a talk at Project MEGSSS, a math program for middle school students, in which I taught students how to play torus tic-tac-toe (slides/notes/handout).
- I also gave an “Ignite Talk” about this outreach activity at PCMI in July 2019.
- In January 2021 Devashi Gulati and I created a SciREN lesson plan about torus tic-tac-toe (plan/slides/notes/handout).
- I am currently serving as a mentor in the AWM Mentor Network and a peer mentor in the UGA math department.
- During the summer of 2020 I was an assistant mentor for a group of very motivated high school students at Camp Euclid. We explored some famous open questions in number theory.
- I was president of UGA’s AMS student chapter from 2017-2019, and secretary of UGA’s AWM student chapter from 2016-2019.
- In November 2018 our AMS student chapter participated in UGA’s STEMzone! See below for some pictures.
- I co-organized UGA MathCamp, a week-long day camp for high school students, in the summer of 2018. Here’s the flyer.
- During the 2016-2017 school year I was a coach for the Athens Area Girls Math Team.